Nikon announced it’s new flag ship camera in January, and those lucky few who pre ordered should be getting theirs in the next couple of weeks.
- 16.2 effective megapixel, full-frame sensor (16.6MP total)
- 10fps shooting with AF and AE, 11fps with focus and exposure locked, 24fps 2.5MP grabs
- 91,000 pixel sensor for metering, white balance, flash exposure, face detection and active d-lighting
- ISO Range 100-12,800 (extendable from 50 – 204,800)
- MultiCAM 3500FX Autofocus sensor works in lower light and with smaller apertures
- Two sub-selector joystick/buttons for shooting orientation
- 1080p30 HD video at up to 24Mbps with uncompressed video output
- New EN-EL18 battery (21.6Wh capacity, CIPA-rated at 2600 shots)
- Twin card slots – one Compact Flash and one XQD
So we know the stills side of things are going to be amazing, a lot of people have complained that the resolution isn’t big enough. Those people are crazy. this camera was designed for speed, both in terms of shooting speed and low light ability which is unparalleled.
204,800 ISO! Still amazes me.
LETS TALK VIDEO
First off, please watch this
People who shoot a lot on dslr, should really sit up and take note of what this camera can do. The list of features is endless and it’s the first we have seen a DSLR with an HDMI out slot so you can record uncompressed HD Video. The video below goes into more detail regarding the video aspect of this amazing camera